Guitar Project UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Main Site  

Building my own guitar

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pops1232

Building my own guitar Empty
PostSubject: Building my own guitar   Building my own guitar EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:06 am

Hey All,

Im new to the forum and i was wondering if there was anyone that could give me advice on building my own electric guitar??

Im looking to build an electric guitar so could anyone suggest any kits or perhaps tips on how to make it from scratch?

would be awesome to hear from any of you!

Trist.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Building my own guitar   Building my own guitar EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:50 am

Hi Trist,

Welcome to the forum Smile

Kits are a great way to start building, especially if you have limited tools, space and skills.
Carvin make some good kits, although a bit pricey in comparison to most. Their link is in the UK suppliers section on the forum. You'll have a really good guitar at the end of that. Or you can have a look around at a few others and upgrade parts if neccassary, there are quite a few about. All you generally need for them is a soldering iron and a variation of screwdrivers.
Tonetech do quite a good starter kit too. http://www.tonetechluthiersupplies.co.uk/Kits/700-Electric-Guitar-Kit-S-Style/flypage.tpl.html

Or you can look at picking up individual parts although be aware that there are different sizes and some modifications may be required to the parts. Simple tools and a bit of skill required.

The other option is building from scratch which does require a vast amount of tools, money and time.

If you need any help feel free to ask anything and somebody will be here to help Smile

Thanks,
Tom.
Back to top Go down
https://guitarprojectuk.forumotion.com
Pops1232

PostSubject: Re: Building my own guitar   Building my own guitar EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 12:01 am

Awesome bit of info!

Yeah i think i may start out with a kit and eventually work my way up to what i really want to do and actually make my own from scratch. Im really keen on the idea of carving my own shape and painting it all and stuff.

But yeah ill check those kits out!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Building my own guitar   Building my own guitar EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 3:48 am

Yeah I think its the best way to do it. You'll never get tired of building your kit, and just changing little bits here and there. Once you've got the kit all together and working there's and endless list of things you can try.
Back to top Go down
https://guitarprojectuk.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building my own guitar   Building my own guitar Empty

Back to top Go down

Building my own guitar
Page 1 of 1