Guitar Project UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Main Site  

Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar?

Go down 
5 posters

Would you choose a great electric or a great acoustic guitar?
Acoustic
Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar? Vote_lcap43%Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar? Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Electric
Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar? Vote_lcap57%Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar? Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar? Empty
PostSubject: Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar?   Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 5:06 am

If you had to choose, would you rather have a really great acoustic guitar and only a cheapy electric (say a Taylor Acoustic and a Yamaha Pacifica 112) or a great electric guitar coupled with a cheapy acoustic (perhaps a £99 Yamaha acoustic and a PRS McCarty)?

I'm afraid I can't allow you both! Sad
Back to top Go down
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

PostSubject: Re: Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar?   Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:51 am

Interesting result so far! I used to be firmly in the electric camp, but since having a half-decent acoustic I find I'm far less tolerant of lower budget acoustics than I am electrics. I could quite happily survive with a Yammy Pacifica 112 (great guitar!) but I'm quite picky about acoustics now.

Keep voting, folks!
Back to top Go down
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

PostSubject: Re: Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar?   Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:52 am

No pun intended!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar?   Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:58 am

Haha,

I think the logical choice would be to have a better acoustic,

I still picked Electric Mind... Smile
Back to top Go down
https://guitarprojectuk.forumotion.com
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

PostSubject: Re: Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar?   Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 8:59 am

Heart beats head every time where guitars are concerned! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kdavies
Admin
Kdavies

PostSubject: Re: Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar?   Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar? EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 3:11 pm

acoustic Smile
Back to top Go down
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

PostSubject: Re: Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar?   Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar? EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:45 am

I think acoustics are far harder to make well than electrics, which is why good ones are more expensive - debate!
Back to top Go down
david.hartwick

PostSubject: It would have to be a great electric-if you were aspiring to be a great guitarist you could make the electric ring out like an acoustic-anyone heard 'Sisters' by Stevie Vai on Passion and Warfare? If you have youll know what I mean.   Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar? EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 8:11 am

Screaming Dave wrote:
If you had to choose, would you rather have a really great acoustic guitar and only a cheapy electric (say a Taylor Acoustic and a Yamaha Pacifica 112) or a great electric guitar coupled with a cheapy acoustic (perhaps a £99 Yamaha acoustic and a PRS McCarty)?

I'm afraid I can't allow you both! Sad
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

PostSubject: Re: Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar?   Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar? EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:23 am

I haven't heard that number, but I'd have to disagree that you can ever get an electric to really sound like an acoustic. Part of the joy of playing a decent acoustic , for me, is it's responsiveness and that comes from the reaction between the top and the strings: not something you'll get on a solidbody.

I'd never deny that Mr Vai is a superb guitarist - listen to Texas Rose on Dave Lee Roth's first solo album where Vai gets the guitar to sound like it's talking to Roth. But, are you sure he didn't play that track on an acoustic anyway? I'm sure he can afford a nice one!
Back to top Go down
david.hartwick

PostSubject: Re: Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar?   Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 10:04 am

Screaming Dave wrote:
I haven't heard that number, but I'd have to disagree that you can ever get an electric to really sound like an acoustic. Part of the joy of playing a decent acoustic , for me, is it's responsiveness and that comes from the reaction between the top and the strings: not something you'll get on a solidbody.

I'd never deny that Mr Vai is a superb guitarist - listen to Texas Rose on Dave Lee Roth's first solo album where Vai gets the guitar to sound like it's talking to Roth. But, are you sure he didn't play that track on an acoustic anyway? I'm sure he can afford a nice one!

Yeah Im sure it was an electric-he played it on that stupid 7 string 24 fret thing with a built in carrying handle!!
Nothing against Ibanez guitars-Ive just bought a rare s360 which is 'kin good to play n even better to look at!!
On a different note(ha ha)-what do you think of my suggestion of a tabs/tutorial section in this club?
Back to top Go down
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

PostSubject: Re: Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar?   Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar? EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:06 am

Good idea. I guess the only thing is there are loads of tab sites already out there and I think most people would just end up posting links to already available tabs. I always find that searching for tabs reveals loads of tabs for any given song, but when you look at them they're all actually exactly the same tab repeated on every site. You can tell by the comments on them.

If it was limited to peoples own tabs it would be good, especially to request particular riffs or songs they can't find elsewhere. So, if anyone has a reliable tab for the main riff for the Fine Young Canibals version of Suspicious Minds .....
Back to top Go down
macadee

macadee

PostSubject: electric or acoustic   Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 3:03 am

My choice would always be a good acoustic, As for a good one it would be a "True North" by Dennis Scannel.( http://www.truenorthguitars.com/home.html ) an electric would be a Mexican Strat. :-D
Back to top Go down
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

PostSubject: Re: Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar?   Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:03 am

Nice looking guitars - bit out of my league! I'm a J45 man.

Are you lucky enough to have one of these True North beauties? If I invested in one of those, the electric would have to be a Woolworths Top 20 dragged out of a skip, i think! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar?   Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would You Rather Have a Great Acoustic Guitar or a Great Electric Guitar?
Page 1 of 1