Guitar Project UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Main Site  

Building a Website?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

Building a Website? Empty
PostSubject: Building a Website?   Building a Website? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 4:44 am

How about tips for building a band website? My band, The Rookies, have the domain name and contacts who can do the nuts & bolts of building and hosting, but what about content? Anyone seen any really good features on bands' websites?

Screaming Dave
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Building a Website?   Building a Website? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:55 am

I think music streaming is a must, but i guess you'd already have that.
I've seen a couple with a 'fan map' where people can become fans on your site and a pin appears on a world map, thats quite a nice feature.
Band blogs are always good too, I'm much more inclined to visit a bands page if they have regular updates. Or even just link your homepage up to a twitter feed if you use that?
Back to top Go down
https://guitarprojectuk.forumotion.com
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

PostSubject: Re: Building a Website?   Building a Website? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:13 am

We've got a group on Facebook, The Rookies, and we have a Myspace page, but we haven't done anything with it yet. We might just put up a simple web site and point it at the Myspace and Facebook pages.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Building a Website?   Building a Website? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:24 am

Yeahh, facebook and myspace seem to be as good as any place to have a band page now. I'd always prefer to have my own site directing to them, i just looks more professional when promoting in my opinion.
Could always just have a short band bio, contact us, and links to your other pages on it. Just to keep it simple Smile

Let me know when its up and running, I'm considering a band directory page on the site to give more diversity to the site, not entirely sure yet, i'll post it up in the suggestions and see how it goes down.
Back to top Go down
https://guitarprojectuk.forumotion.com
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

PostSubject: Re: Building a Website?   Building a Website? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 2:13 pm

Might be a good idea to have some band blogs on here. I'd be happy to write one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building a Website?   Building a Website? Empty

Back to top Go down

Building a Website?
Page 1 of 1