Guitar Project UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Main Site  

The idea's thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

The idea's thread Empty
PostSubject: The idea's thread   The idea's thread EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 12:24 pm

When it comes to building an instrument, guitar especially in my case, there's nothing limiting the imagination.
I've came up with hundreds of idea's which either weren't physically possible or financially possible, and i think its a shame if they're not shared with the world,

So i thought a thread to release all that imagination was in order, would be nice to know what other people are thinking too Smile I'll post some of my mad idea's soon Smile

Tom,
Admin.
Back to top Go down
https://guitarprojectuk.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

The idea's thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The idea's thread   The idea's thread EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:48 pm

Something that i've wanted to do for a while and will hopefully materialize over the next few months.

A telecaster sort of thing, got some body modifications in mind, no scratch plate or control plate.

Bare Knuckle Missisippi queen (P90) in the neck, with one of their humbuckers in the bridge, with a solid bridge with a piezo pickup under that. Simple controls, 1 vol, 1 tone, with killswitch as with all my guitars Smile
Not sure on finish yet, and torn between thickness of the body, wether to go for a nice hollow body, or slimline, just can't decide.

Will hopefully be attempting some form of custom inlay on this too with my newly purchased Dremel Smile
Back to top Go down
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

The idea's thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The idea's thread   The idea's thread EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 8:39 am

I met a guy on Monday night with a guitar you'd like then, Tom. A nice Kincaid thinline tele, no pickguard or control plate, two P90s and a Fishman powerbridge - very nice, with the ability to blend the mag pups and the Fishman. :-)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

The idea's thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The idea's thread   The idea's thread EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 2:45 am

Sounds gorgeous. I've always liked P90's, played through a couple of guitars with them and just love the sound you can get, and i've never owned a guitar with at least one in, so i'm determined this next one will. I've still got a pile of ash and birds eye maple hanging around, I just havn't had a spare moment to do anything with it lately, its so frustrating!! haha.
Back to top Go down
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

The idea's thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The idea's thread   The idea's thread EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 6:59 am

I started building a guitar ages ago - bought lots of expensive timber and hardware and started off, but kids and all life's other troubles got in the way and it ende up being put in the skip when I moved - shame, I was very proud of the design. Maybe one day.

I love P90s and regret selling my SG Junior (single P90 in the bridge position). I had a Fender TC-90, which was a twin cut fixed neck thinline Tele with P90s and tune-o-matic bridge/stop tailpiece - it was kinda like what you'd get if a thinline Tele and a Les Paul Special had babies. It had a great sound, but the workmanship was very poor, which was surprising for a Korean Fender. Anyway, it was one of the 20 or so I got up to at one point and had to go ...... sniff!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The idea's thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The idea's thread   The idea's thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The idea's thread
Page 1 of 1