Guitar Project UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Main Site  

The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread   The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 2:09 pm

Anyone see the Soccer Aid match on Sunday night? An excellent game, even though we lost to the ROW. Top marks to Woody Harrelson!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread   The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 2:05 am

I did catch this in bits and bobs, was really good.

I am looking forward to the world cup though,
not sure how we'll do mind, in two minds about it.
Back to top Go down
https://guitarprojectuk.forumotion.com
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread   The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:38 am

We have a competition here at work to predict the score of every match. I've got England winning, insanely optimistic patriot that I am!

Mind you, Rooney had a bit of a blast at the ref in that friendly they played in SA last night, and we're a little bit of a one-man team by all accounts (I don't actually think that's true, but it's been said often enough so maybe even the team believe it, now) so all it takes is for him to blow a fuse and get sent off and miss the next match and we might be a bit stuffed.

Anyway, I've ordered my nice new widescreen telly in time for the first match - but I'll be away camping for the weekend! Aaarrrrggghhhhh! Have to take my tiny 4" screen LCD portable, ha ha!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread   The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:51 am

Haha unlucky, not sure wether i'll be at home or in the pub to watch it.

I think we'd be in with an outside chance, Getting to the Semi's would be a good tournament I think.

As long as we beat the US this weekend I'll be happy Smile
Back to top Go down
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread   The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 11:00 am

Think we'll be finding a pub with a big screen and a play area for the boys.

Apparently last time we played the USA in the world cup was 1950 and we lost! Sad
Back to top Go down
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread   The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 11:17 am

We found a pub within walking distance of the camp site which had put a huge tent over the courtyard and a very big TV. Brilliant atmosphere, especially when Gerrard scored in under 4 minutes. Shame it all went a bit downhill from there! Rob Green was not very popular in that pub, I can tell you. That was one of the most crap fumble I've ever seen in the World Cup. Then we watched a bit of the Algeria Slovenia match at lunchtime today. When we left the pub it was still nil nil so I gutter to find out later that Sloveia had beaten Algeria. We're in a crap position right from the start now! Sad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread   The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:51 am

At least we won tonight...

Ended up at a pub down the road, great atmosphere, was a good afternoon, how we'll do in the next round, we'll have to see.

Tom.
Back to top Go down
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread   The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:19 am

I have to say, I was rooting for Ghana last night so we would play them rather than Germany in the next round. England Ghana would have been a good match, I think. England Germany? I think I'll jsut tune in for the penalty shoot-out! Sad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread   The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:15 am

Woeful.
Back to top Go down
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread   The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 6:44 am

Let's change the title of this to the Wimbledon discussion Thread!
Back to top Go down
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread   The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 4:56 am

OK, no luck at Wimbledon, either!

Ah, well, we did well in the cricket, at least.

There was a bit on Sky Sports News last night showing all the World Cup team managers who've lost their jobs since their teams crashed out. Brazil's manager is out of a job, and they got through to the 1/4 finals at least. Fabio should consider himself really lucky!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread   The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1