Guitar Project UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Main Site  

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stevo

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Newbie   Newbie EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 9:15 am

Hi all , just by way of an introduction my nameis Steve and I've been playing the guitar on and off for many years now . I have a 70's Strat which I swapped a 70's SG for ( I still regret it although I do love the ole Strat ) an Epi sg400 , a Washburn A10 an Epi ej200 , a Fender 12 string and a few Telebitsers . Oh yeah and a nylon strung acoustic my Grandad gave me when I was 10 . My love affair with Tele's began when I was 14 or 15 . I was trawling round the music shops in town with my m8 on a Saturday afternoon when I saw this Salmon red Tele in a shop window . Instant Schwing !!! I fell in love with her and went in and managed to persuade the owner to let me pay in installments until I had enough to pay for it . Every week I would go up and pay a little more with money from my paper round and whatever I could beg steal or borrow and look whistfully at it . Eventually I'd paid for it and took her home in my clammy little mitts . It wasn't until some years later that I realised that it wasn't a " proper " Tele only a 70's neck on a copy body .. I still have it and these days now " Relics " are cool ( although I've always loved old guitars better than new ones ) there are a lot of sites that offer relic bodies . I will eventually get a new relic body for her when I figure out a reputable dealer . I have a few bits and bobs that I'm trying to make a couple of half decent guitars from . It's something I enjy doing although the last two or three years I haven't done much as I've been on short time and all that . Things seem to have picked up a little and I've picked up a candy apple red TC body ( unknown make ) off good ole ebay wich hopefully I can make a Mexican TC neck I picked up a while ago fit and play ok . I love making up guitars and would maybe like to do a proper course on someday . That's about it really so Hello everyone !!

Steve
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Newbie EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 12:48 pm

Hi Steve.

Welcome to the forum!
Sounds like you've got a lovely bunch of guitars, and some nice plans for a few more.
Getting a neck to fit shouldn't be too much of a problem providing the heel and neck pocket match.

Keep us posted and don't be afraid to ask for some help if needed.

Thanks,
Tom
Back to top Go down
https://guitarprojectuk.forumotion.com
Stevo

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Newbie EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 3:12 am

Hi Tom ,
thanks m8 , I will .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie Empty