Guitar Project UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Main Site  

I'm In A Rock 'n' Roll Band

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

I'm In A Rock 'n' Roll Band Empty
PostSubject: I'm In A Rock 'n' Roll Band   I'm In A Rock 'n' Roll Band EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:20 am

Did anyone see that programme last night - I think it was called I'm In A Rock 'n' Roll Band? This week was about lead singers - apparently we're all arrogant, narcisistic, tortured souls, and have a love/hate relationship with the lead guitarist - which kinda puts me in a weird position, being both in my band!

Next week is about lead guitarists .....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I'm In A Rock 'n' Roll Band   I'm In A Rock 'n' Roll Band EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:34 am

Saw this advertised but never got chance to watch it.
Might try to catch it on iplayer at some point.

I quite enjoyed the guitar legends thing a while back, think it was on bbc2 a few months ago.
Back to top Go down
https://guitarprojectuk.forumotion.com
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

PostSubject: Re: I'm In A Rock 'n' Roll Band   I'm In A Rock 'n' Roll Band EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:48 am

They do have some good music programmes on, but they tend to put them on at obscure times. Martin Scorsesse (of all people) did a really good series on the blues, and on one episode they had Jeff Beck and Tom Jones just jamming along with old blues records (Tom Jones, singing, not playing guitar!) which was magic. They also had Lulu singing the blues - by God that woman's got a set of lungs on her!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I'm In A Rock 'n' Roll Band   I'm In A Rock 'n' Roll Band EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 2:28 am

Only one I ended up catching was the last one that was on Saturday I think?
Quite enjoyed it and wish i'd have caught the rest now, I'll have to try and fit in the rest of the series somewhere.

Not sure I agreed with everyone but I suppose thats the point haha.
Back to top Go down
https://guitarprojectuk.forumotion.com
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

PostSubject: Re: I'm In A Rock 'n' Roll Band   I'm In A Rock 'n' Roll Band EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 10:28 am

That was the final one after they'd got votes in so they got the celebs to debate it. I have to confess to switching it off as it was getting a little bit pretentious. The earlier programmes were each more of an amusing documentary about one role in a band. Being both lead (or at least ONLY) guitarist in our band and lead singer I found them both amusing. Apparently I'm supposed to have an ongoing feud with myself. And a double helping of egotism (which is probably not far off the truth).

The Led Zep tribute band were good, though. I saw them in Reading last year and they did a brilliant show - apart from "Jimmy Page" being left-handed. For some reason I found that profoundly disturbing for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

PostSubject: Re: I'm In A Rock 'n' Roll Band   I'm In A Rock 'n' Roll Band EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 10:31 am

But since we're on the subject, who would be your top guitarist, bassist, drummer and lead singer.

For me I think it would have to be:
Rory Gallagher
John Entwhistle
John Bonham
Mick Jagger

But strangely enough I'd hate to see them all in a band together!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm In A Rock 'n' Roll Band   I'm In A Rock 'n' Roll Band Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm In A Rock 'n' Roll Band
Page 1 of 1