Guitar Project UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Main Site  

New User and New Forum

Go down 
+10
yojimbo1
dirtydavey
Stratman
Iggy
Screaming Dave
Simon B
Admin
Mahavishnu
Kdavies
TomR
14 posters
AuthorMessage
TomR

New User and New Forum Empty
PostSubject: New User and New Forum   New User and New Forum EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:23 am

Hi, I'm Tom.
Creator of this website and forum. I'm really hoping its going to catch on and become a huge success.
The idea behind it came from when i was building a guitar, finding UK suppliers and distributors for parts is a right pain, so came up with this idea for a UK based Site. I was fed up with every UK player/builder being second rate on other sites and searches just coming up with results from the US.

Eventually we are hoping to get a good list of site sponsors and supporters together to help everyone out.

The site suggestions area at the bottom of the forum page is open, please post your suggestion there.

Speak to you all soon.
Tom
Back to top Go down
Kdavies
Admin
Kdavies

PostSubject: Intro   New User and New Forum EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 3:59 am

Hi, I'm Kirsty (A site moderator for guitrprojectuk's forum)

Currently looking for inspiration and ideas for a guitar i'm interested in building, red quilted maple im thinking. Open to any ideas or suggestions.

P.s please keep chit-chat clean, this site was set-up to help. Any complaints please PM (Personal mail me) and the issues will be addressed.

Thanks, K
Back to top Go down
Mahavishnu

Mahavishnu

PostSubject: Re: New User and New Forum   New User and New Forum EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 10:18 am

Hi, I'm Stuart.

Been playing guitar for nearly 34 years, I also play bass, mandolin and ukeulele.
My main guitar is an Aria Pro 2 TS500 built in 1981 which has a Roland GK1 guitar synth pickup.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New User and New Forum   New User and New Forum EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 11:55 am

Hi Stuart, Welcome to the forum.

Bare with us with the lack of other members, as you may be aware we have only just set up, we will be pushing forward with a lot more promotion over the next week or so, so we should see some rapid growth.

Thanks for joining, keep an eye out for updates, and spread the word.

Tom,
Admin.
Back to top Go down
https://guitarprojectuk.forumotion.com
Simon B

PostSubject: Re: New User and New Forum   New User and New Forum EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 5:30 am

Hi, Simon here,
Proud owner of a black and gold Gibson Les Paul Custom, White & Gold Fender Strat, Gibson SJ200 Acoustic, Takamine G Series 12 string and a few other random models! Just about to start my first self build and already your site has been of some help. It'll be great when we have a few more members. I'll certainly be putting the word out. Now to my question-- Does anyone know what happened to guitar-kits.co.uk ?? Their site has said they're under construction and not taking orders for months now.
I quite like the look of the ibanez copy on there. Just as a bit of fun. So if you know them or know where I can get one of those kits, reply to this or pm me. Great site though guys, If you need any help, drop me a line.
Back to top Go down
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

PostSubject: Re: New User and New Forum   New User and New Forum EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 11:58 am

Hi Guys,

I'm Screaming Dave. I play guitar and sing in Anover-based band The Rookies. Been playing for far too long not to be a lot better than I am.

I mostly play electric guitar and have a brace of Gibson SGs and a Minarik Inferno, plus I'm the very lucky owner of a Gibson J45 acoustic, which is wasted on me becuae, like most electric guitarists, I'm a lousy acoustic player.

I also dabble with mandolin and have an Epiphone Mandobird VIII solid-bodied mandolin, which is the coolest mandolin on the planet, and is likewise wasted on me.

Great to see a UK based forum. I used to use the Musicstreet forum and miss it greatly, so hopefully we can make this equally friendly, fun and informative.

Speak Soon

Screaming Dave
Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

PostSubject: Hello   New User and New Forum EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:40 am

Hi all.
My name is Iggy and I don't play much these days but the interest is still there.
I have a few cheap guitars in my collection which I am slowly selling off.
I just want to say good luck to everybody at Guitar Project UK and everyone who uses this forum.
My greatest influence is Hank Marvin but there are many others.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iferrier.talktalk.net/
Stratman

PostSubject: Re: New User and New Forum   New User and New Forum EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:15 am

Hi,
I'm Dave
Been playing, badly, for 40 years seeem to have inmproved a load in the last year or so! WooHoo! Mess about setting my own guitars up and changing pups ect. Nothing amazing but fun. This site is a great idea. Found it through ebay. Collect pedals but have had to sell some of the best recently to make some money.....Bye bye little DM-2 Sad

Good luck with the site!

Rock on

Stratman
Back to top Go down
dirtydavey

PostSubject: hi   New User and New Forum EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:54 am

hello im ian,
been playing for about 4 years now, play mainly acoustic stuff on either an Art & Luthiere folk or a 40 year old eko ranger6, i also own a epiphone les paul junior that im thinking about turning into a billie joe armstrong tribute at some stage,
The guitar im about to start customising has been kicking about my 12 year old sons bedroom for the last couple of years and since he decided bass playing is more his thing the guitar is no longer wanted.
The guitar in question started life as a Woody custom (think its an internet only brand but am not sure) its a tele shaped semi a bit like a thinline but with 2 f holes and a set neck, after 2 years of abuse by my son and his mates its in a bit of a state so ive sanded it down to a smooth finish (not gone all the way down to the wood but taken all the shine off) ive filled the various dings and scratches with auto filler and its ready to prime for painting, ill post some picks soon,
my plan is to paint it (not decided on a colour yet) then upgrade the pups, it came with a couple of p90s but ive routed it out to take humbuckers or humbucker sized p90s (not decided on that either yet lol) also planning to replace the electrics with better quality pots and switches.
Im working to a tight budget but im not in any rush so it could be a while before its finished and untill ive made a workstation in my cellar i cant really do much more, but im on with the cellar and should be at the priming stage within a couple of weeks so ill get some pics on soon
bye for now ian aka dirty davey
Back to top Go down
Stratman

PostSubject: Re: New User and New Forum   New User and New Forum EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 3:31 am

Sounds an interesting project Ian. I look forward to seeing the pics. I will now go and goodle woodies!
Back to top Go down
yojimbo1

yojimbo1

PostSubject: Re: New User and New Forum   New User and New Forum EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:37 am

hi folks. im darren, im 44 y o, and i play guitar sooooo badly its unreal Smile . i have more of an interest in learning to customise instruments ( the electric side of things mainly) but also the hardware too. as i have stated, i cant play to save me skin , but i like to collect guitars. dunno why, must be a man thing. lol . i have 5 atm, a white semi ( as you all know from my numerous posts on here when i was trying to rewire it Embarassed ) , a squire strat, an ibanez roadstar series 2 rs 440, a yamaha egr 121, and a fender electro acoustic. i have tried to play 'live' before but was just too bad at it to do it again, hence my very healthy respect for those of you on here, who can play in fornt of an audience. just want to say too, that the idea behind this site is brill. its good that 'us noobs' can come onto this site and get advice, hints, tips, and a darn good chat too. massive respect to you all. keep on rockin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wal58

PostSubject: Re: New User and New Forum   New User and New Forum EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 2:18 pm

just a quick hello, i feel a bit out of my depth after reading some of the posts ,ive only been playing since november last year ,im having fun and my fingers are sore.im hoping to pick up some tips here both for playing and making ,it looks like the right place.anyway speak to you soon.
Back to top Go down
acadacauk

PostSubject: hi   New User and New Forum EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:05 am

hi im lee
been playing for around 40 years. I didnt play for around 25 years but in the last few years i have hot the playing bug again
I have at the moment an eko ranger 1968 12 string which was in a shocking state when I got it so I had it restored.
i also bought the guitar of my dreams last year, a gretsch white falcon.
New User and New Forum DSC00017
I have also just bought a fender squire body and using it as a project so can anyone in the uk recomend a good make of aerosol primer metallic gold and lacquer, and where I can buy it from.

thanks i will let you know how its going. may even post some photos of the prosses from the sunburst it is now to the finished metallic golg with gold hardware and pearl white pickguard. would prefere a maple neck instead of a rosewood but lets see what happens
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New User and New Forum   New User and New Forum EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:35 am

Welcome to all our new members, it's great to see the community growing like it is.
I'm sure any questions you have about anything can be answered by somebody on the forum so don't be afraid to ask Smile

if you have any issues with the forum or anything like that, then pm either myself or one of the other admin/moderators and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

We're still creating tutorials and finding suppliers amongst other things, things may seem a little slow in coming to the site at times but there is a lot going on behind the scenes Smile

I try to be as active as possible on the forum, so if you do have any questions you should get a promt response Smile

speak to you all soon Smile

Tom
Back to top Go down
Simon.howson

PostSubject: Hi   New User and New Forum EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Hi my name is Simon,
I bought my first guitar when I was 17 I'm now 40, have just built a fender strat with a SSH set up and then customised my Bullet to HSH with a Floyd Rose Nut and trem (what a pain that was to install !)
I have just bought a mapel topped mahog body which was started inspired by PRS which I will get a neck for a install only Humbuckers (prob SD's) and I'm thinking of buying a Jackson Randy Rhodes which needs to be cleaned up and rewired
But I have not been trained so I would like so advise about necks and frets etc
cheers
Si Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New User and New Forum   New User and New Forum EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:56 pm

Hi Simon,
Sound like some interesting projects, Have to keep us posted.

I'm in the process of creating my first neck from scratch, i've got enough maple for three necks so a couple of attempts to get it right. Will hopefully be doing a photo diary with what i've done, what i've used etc and turning it into a tutorial.

Welcome to the forum

Keep a look out in the gear building and customising section or post in there for your neck building questions

Tom.
Back to top Go down
macadee

macadee

PostSubject: Re: New User and New Forum   New User and New Forum EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:10 am

Hi Im Neil I'm 57 and have been playing since I was 17 or so. I played in bands when i was younger around 19 onwards until kids appeared in late 20's then basically stopped. My wife bought me a new guitar for my 50th birthday and I re-found my passion for the instrument. I love the acoustic guitar more than an electric, in fact i gave away my Les Paul copy to a friends son at Xmas who was desperate to have an electric guitar; he was doing smoke on the water on an old acoustic It was worth it just to see his face. Any way hope this forum takes off, it looks nice and fresh anyhow.
I am interested in making acoustics now and I am still playing the odd gig here and there mainly folky sort of stuff, but not finger in the ear folky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New User and New Forum   New User and New Forum Empty

Back to top Go down

New User and New Forum
Page 1 of 1