Guitar Project UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Main Site  

My first effort

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
macadee

macadee

My first effort Empty
PostSubject: My first effort   My first effort EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 5:09 am

Hi I'm new to this forum but as a starter would like to show off my first guitar. It is an A framed type made from Red Cedar and English Oak, not the usual choice of sound wood but it sounds just fine in fact it is very strident more of a fingerstyle instrument. The neck is very old Sapele recycled from a drawer front. It is finished with acrylic lacquer using aerosol cans. I have never made a musical instrument before but have completed many model aeroplanes so if there is a similarity I'll let you correlate it.
The guitar was made using hand tools throughout apart from the truss rod slot and the sound hole which I made a tank cutter to remove cleanly. Oh and the bridge I milled out at work.
l stilll cannot make the photo upload thing work so Here is an album from webshots.
http://entertainment.webshots.com/slideshow/577949078WfcBSQ

Bl**dy hell success its just me, you'll be old yerself someday! here's a thumbnail.
'
My first effort P1020513

Last edited by macadee on Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:36 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

My first effort Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first effort   My first effort EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 6:13 am

There is a image hosting feature on the site, On the toolbar above where you write your message there's a button with a picture of a picture and a floppy disk, click that and follow the instructions. It is a little slow so you can alternatively use an external one such as Image shack or Photobucket.

Sounds good though, looking forward to seeing it.
Back to top Go down
https://guitarprojectuk.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

My first effort Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first effort   My first effort EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 3:24 am

Thats really good, Especially for a first build. More successful than mine was.

How does it sound?

As for putting images in, if you scroll down the page when your looking at your photo album on that site, there's a little box with a line saying "post in a forum". If you copy the code across thats underneath it and post it in your post, the photo will appear.
Back to top Go down
macadee

macadee

My first effort Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first effort   My first effort EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 3:28 am

Is it possible to post sound clips as wav or mp3 files etc
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

My first effort Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first effort   My first effort EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:01 am

There's no direct way of uploading or embedding mp3/wav to the forum as yet, only video, but if you can find a site which will host it, you can link to that.
One is: http://www.mp3songurls.com/
Although i only think they store them for 30 days. You could always upload to youtube with pictures of your guitar as the video and put that in your post.

I'm working on it mind, so I'll let you know when i've got something sorted.
Back to top Go down
macadee

macadee

My first effort Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first effort   My first effort EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:10 am

The problem is file size even an mp3 is about 3.5meg
Back to top Go down
macadee

macadee

My first effort Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first effort   My first effort EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:13 am

macadee wrote:
The problem is file size even an mp3 is about 3.5meg
While you're there how do you add an avatar?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

My first effort Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first effort   My first effort EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:28 am

I'll have to work on the music embedding later this evening, I'll get something done tonight though.

To add an avatar, you go into your profile (in the middle of the toolbar underneath the guitar Project header), then on the new page, if you look slightly below and too the right of where you just clicked, you will see another header called 'Avatar'. Click on there and then the instructions are on there, you can use your own image or one of the stock images.
Back to top Go down
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

My first effort Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first effort   My first effort EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 12:47 pm

That's really impressive! I started building an electric guitar but gave up for any number of reasons, mostly having to do with being rubbish at it, ha ha! That is a nice looking design.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

My first effort Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first effort   My first effort EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 7:49 am

Not been able to sort anything solid out with the Music on the forum, not without using a flash player, it just gets a little complicated.

What I will do though is add a page of which I will be able to host for you. So you could send me the link, then I'll embed it to the page, you would just need to link in your post to your page then. This way the user never needs to leave the site. I'm still working on a forum music player but its going to take a while I'm afraid.

PM me if you want me to do this.
Back to top Go down
macadee

macadee

My first effort Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first effort   My first effort EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:32 am

Admin wrote:
Not been able to sort anything solid out with the Music on the forum, not without using a flash player, it just gets a little complicated.

What I will do though is add a page of which I will be able to host for you. So you could send me the link, then I'll embed it to the page, you would just need to link in your post to your page then. This way the user never needs to leave the site. I'm still working on a forum music player but its going to take a while I'm afraid.

PM me if you want me to do this.
Perhaps it might be easier if whoever wants to put some music on would probably best to upload it to you tube, myspace or some such then link it or paste the code. Perhaps there are some gadgets which can be used in the public domain to host music I mean like an mp3 player or some such. The problem being yet again the file size. It's not an all consuming problem. I'm really not much help as although I am the webmaster of a car club site (www.nptcc.org.uk) my knowledge of things internetty is scant!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My first effort Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first effort   My first effort Empty

Back to top Go down

My first effort
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Guitar Project UK :: Main Catagory :: Acoustic Guitar-
Jump to: