Guitar Project UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Main Site  

What music are you Listening too?

Go down 
+4
yojimbo1
Iggy
Screaming Dave
Admin
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

What music are you Listening too? Empty
PostSubject: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 2:53 am

Thanks to screaming dave for his suggestion.

Post in here what your listening too, what you have been listening too, or just what CD you've had on Smile
Wether it be new, old, good or terrible, post it in here Smile
Back to top Go down
https://guitarprojectuk.forumotion.com
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 4:12 am

Newton Faulkner - Rebuilt by Humans

I love this guy. Like most electric guitarists I fancy myself as a bit of an acoustic guitarist, but this guy bring sme down to earth with a bang. I think he's such an inventive acoustic guitar player.

I also have Led Zeppelin - Physcial Graffiti, Fleetwood Mac - Rumours and Kasabian's latest album in my car at the moment
Back to top Go down
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 8:14 am

Just bought Florence and The Machine - Lungs. I hated them when I first heard them, but that sound has grown on me, and it was down to £7 in Asda so I'm going to give it a listen. What does everyone esle thing of them?
Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:24 am

I'm a bit of a Shadows fan, have been all my life and I just love the sound of the clean guitar, especially the 60's era.
Our lass and I went to see Cliff and the Shads last October at Newcastle.
I've nearly always got the Shadows playing but sometimes I'll have Mark Knopfler, Brian Setzer or Albert lee playing.
These guys are masters of the guitar...and there are others, too many to mention...But Hank is my hero.
He inspired me to get a guitar and play...badly!
Back to top Go down
http://www.iferrier.talktalk.net/
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 6:46 am

Florence and The Machine is pretty good, I think. Not sure they have much longevity, as its the overall sound that's good rather than the quality fo the songwriting, but I'm enjoying it for now.
Back to top Go down
yojimbo1

yojimbo1

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:14 pm

well. im listening to rammstein mostly but ive recently bought damage case by lemmy. its got tunes on it that span his whole career, theres some brill tunes on it, especially 'stand by your man' with wendy o williams of plasmatics fame. u gotta hear it. shes got some voice
Back to top Go down
Kdavies
Admin
Kdavies

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:22 pm

Gaga fan i am Smile
Although I have been known to appreciate the amazing guitar skills of Matt Bellamy in Muse. I'd recommend a listen to there new album "the resistance", they're not really based around one music genre like most modern bands.
Back to top Go down
yojimbo1

yojimbo1

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:24 pm

yeah, i got all their cds and theyve done some wicked tunes. check out starlight and microcuts. wow!
Back to top Go down
Kdavies
Admin
Kdavies

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:26 pm

Microcuts is, starlight is a little disappointing, still good.
Undisclosed desires/MK Ultra are my favorites on 'the resistance'
Back to top Go down
yojimbo1

yojimbo1

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:29 pm

yeah k, the resistance is a good one. i like haarp meself. good album that one. bellamy is a brill guitarist, v talented. another good guitar artist is george thorogood. real good blues player Smile
Back to top Go down
Kdavies
Admin
Kdavies

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:32 pm

I know yeah, went to see them in Teignmouth for there home gig and got real close, its true what they say.. You never truly appreciate a band till you see them play live. None of this miming that they do nowadays.
Back to top Go down
yojimbo1

yojimbo1

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:33 pm

yeah, youre dead right. quality doesnt need to mime...unlike brittney spears. lol
Back to top Go down
Kdavies
Admin
Kdavies

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:38 pm

haha indeed.

Going to see Muse again in September at Wembely Stadium. So excited
Whos the best you've seen live?
Back to top Go down
yojimbo1

yojimbo1

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:41 pm

i went to see rammstein at the metro radio arena a few years back in newcastle. what a show. best live band ive ever seen. very tight on stage and the showmanship was just out of this world. dunno how they got it past health n safety. soooooooooo many flamethrowers........... Smile
Back to top Go down
Kdavies
Admin
Kdavies

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:44 pm

Haha sounds good.
You probably don't like Gaga but I went to see here at the LG arena in birmingham not too long ago and she was amazing, the good thing about her is that she can put on an amazing show, and even if you took it away shed still sound amazing. Most pop singers these days use shows to disguise the fact they cannot sing.
Back to top Go down
yojimbo1

yojimbo1

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:57 pm

i totally agree with you. cheeses me off when you see groups onstage and they are not so good. proves they are only good in the studio. you just got to look at pink floyds pulse dvd to see how it should be really done. love the floyd... Smile
Back to top Go down
Kdavies
Admin
Kdavies

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:04 pm

Cant say I've ever listened to them, but everyone recommends them so I should really. Tell you who to have a listen to. 'Them crooked vultures' You know the 'super group' cant make my mind up if im impressed or not.
Back to top Go down
yojimbo1

yojimbo1

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:09 pm

is that summat to do with dave grohl perchance? i admire him a lot, from being a really good drummer to being a quality guitarist. dontcha just hate him... lol
Back to top Go down
Kdavies
Admin
Kdavies

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:10 pm

Yeah, and a bassist from Led Zepplin i think.
I know, i build guitars but i really should learn how to play.
Back to top Go down
yojimbo1

yojimbo1

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:39 pm

as far as bassists go, it doesnt get much better than jon entwhistle. jeez that guy can play. if u build guitars k, u have my total respect. Smile ive tried to rewire one and had more probs than enough, tis not easy Sad
Back to top Go down
Kdavies
Admin
Kdavies

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:42 pm

Haha, engineering mad me. Jaguar Landrover apprenticeship soon hopefully. So guitars should be alot easier to engineer haha
Back to top Go down
yojimbo1

yojimbo1

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:46 pm

wow, n1 k. guitars are not that easy, i know. theres loads of different things to consider. the electrics and set ups being the easiest bits. respect..... Smile
Back to top Go down
Kdavies
Admin
Kdavies

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Haha thanks Smile I'm a fan of the electric side anyhoo, if you're doing any more customizing post some pics on here, ive still got to do mine for my first guitar. It's being painted at the minute though, right pain haha.
Back to top Go down
yojimbo1

yojimbo1

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:50 pm

cant find the right software to do a schematic for the electrics. still having big probs with my yamaha. how many weeks now? lol
Back to top Go down
Kdavies
Admin
Kdavies

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:52 pm

Haha well we only started painting it today, its been put off a fair bit if im honest. Took about 3 hours to sand down. Hopefully should be finished in a couple of weeks. Then onto my next one. Its so long winded but im hoping the result will be well worth waiting for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What music are you Listening too?   What music are you Listening too? Empty

Back to top Go down

What music are you Listening too?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next