Guitar Project UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Main Site  

Review Section?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Review Section? Empty
PostSubject: Review Section?   Review Section? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:11 am

Just wondering what people thought of having a review section on the forum, now i can get some proper feedback from users, i want to run everything past Users before i plow ahead and do it like i have done thus far with the website.

This could include Gear (guitar and other instrument related), Gigs, Albums etc... Each being a sub category. Maybe then publish them on the main site to give that a bit more than just a resources site, or keep it just on the forum for users.
I think gear reviews on the forum should be a go, but undecided on the rest.

Lets discuss Smile
Back to top Go down
https://guitarprojectuk.forumotion.com
Screaming Dave

Screaming Dave

Review Section? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review Section?   Review Section? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:42 pm

I think both gear and gig reviews would be a good idea. Not quite sure how you structure the gear reviews, otherwise you'll just end up with everyone reviewing their own gear and it will mushroom into an unwieldy mess. Maybe you could have reviews by request, so if someone is thinking of getting a particular piece of gear they can ask if anyone on the site can provide a review.

A section dedicated to all things to do with the Gibson SG would be popular (with me!) ;-)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Review Section? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review Section?   Review Section? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:23 pm

Yeah i know what you mean, Because it would turn into the sort of 'everything i own is amazing' sort of thing, so there would have to be some sort of vetting system. Maybe two required reviews before it gets published, although it would take quite a long time for unusual things to get published, which would be a shame.
I think your idea is quite good, lets say a request forum where people can request a review, then it gets posted as a reply, then if it is seen as acceptable be published somewhere. I might put it in the forum tomorrow and see how it goes. Maybe as a request/submit a review for now, if it goes well we'll keep it on, if it gets a bit out of hand and too biased we'll take it down or revise the rules Smile

I do think the gig reviews would go down quite well mind.
Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

Review Section? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review Section?   Review Section? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:26 pm

I think a gear review is an excellent idea. Harmony Central have a great review section if you want some ideas?

So long as it's not about Gibson SG's lol!

Only kidding Dave Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.iferrier.talktalk.net/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Review Section? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review Section?   Review Section? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Well i think we've got some catching up to do to get that sort of library together haha.

Something along those lines i think yeah, just need to figure out a way of successfully having them submitted without people being too biased towards their own kit. If thats the case we'll end up with a review section where everythings amazing Smile haha.
Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

Review Section? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review Section?   Review Section? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:26 pm

You have a very good point. Maybe you should just put a link to Harmony Central! lol!

Seriously though, maybe it won't be a bad idea for people to say what kit they have and how they rate it.

I'd like to hear any amusing stories people have had.

Like the time we played our very first gig, and the singer sang after the first bar then just threw the mic down and ran out of the pub!
There we were, three kids not knowing what to do. We just continued the gig and mumbled our way through the songs, which went down well with the local punks at the time. The worse we sounded, the more they liked it! They even had us playing after hours. I think they thought that the singer doing a runner was part of the act! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.iferrier.talktalk.net/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Review Section? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review Section?   Review Section? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:34 pm

I quite like the idea of a rate my kit sort of thing, Could be a nice sub forum if the review section stays around. Where you can post your kit, say what you think and allow others to rate It too?

If it does flop and doesn't take off then i think a link to there may be a possibility, I think we'll run it as a trial for a couple of weeks and see what we get. I've put it up now, i may well edit the rules i've put in there, i'm a little tired so i've probably missed something out haha.

I think a nice story area would be quite nice, things like that are classic and its always good to hear things like it. Did you carry on the band with the singer after that gig? haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Review Section? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review Section?   Review Section? Empty

Back to top Go down

Review Section?
Page 1 of 1